Sep 15, 2015

About Time: Simple Present



This great activity was provided by an Argentinean teacher, Fernanda Delgado. It is a great contribution. I am sure my readers will simply love it. Send us more, Fernanda!



I'm a teacher at the Oak House, Cipolletti. I founded a school for toddlers called Tiny School, which was very successful.Then I sold it.
I enjoy teaching because I can match my love for English with my love for movies and songs to create a useful activity which may enable the students to achieve their goals (or mine) and also make them engaged with the learning process.

Nowadays I am teaching young adults at Prefectura Naval Argentina and in my new place (Oak House)








I. Make a list of activities you usually do.

  1. I prepare breakfast
  1.  
  1.  

  1.  
  1.  

  1.  
  1.  

  1.  
  1.  

  1.  
 II.  Ask your partner if he/she does it.


S1:  Do you PREPARE BREAKFAST ?

S2: Yes, I do / No, I don't


III.  Watch the segment now. Observe what people do. Tick the verbs you see and compare them with your list.


IV. Speak about the similarities:

Ex: 

S1 - He prepares breakfast.
S2: I do too

V.  Write sentences in your notebook.


PEOPLE IN THE MOVIE
ME
GO SHOPPING                       
HAVE A BREAK
HAVE FUN
READ
SLEEP
PREPARE BREAKFAST
TALK

VI. Speak about roles the women and men in the segment perform. Are they the same or different from our country? Is there anything you want to point out?

VII. Read the passage of the song "I'm the Luckiest" and tell me why believes so.

I don't get many things right the first time

In fact, I am told that a lot 

Now I know all the wrong turns the stumbles

And falls brought me here 

And where was I before the day 

That I first saw your lovely face 

Now I see it every day 

And I know[Chorus] That I am

I am, I am, the luckiest



Fernanda Delgado – Patagonia - Argentina


WORKSHEET


MOVIE SEGMENT DOWNLOAD - ABOUT TIME  

7 comments:

Michael said...

A very good idea. It's a kind of immersion in the language. Additionally, you can even begin to think in English, which allows us to quickly find our own weaknesses.

Claudio Azevedo said...

I agree with you, Michael. Fernanda's activity is really effective.

Unknown said...

I just loved it. Super!!

Yvonne said...

I love your blogs and they are a really great tool for teaching English. Thank you so much for preparing the posts and Congratulations!. I have a blog too for learning English and Science in English yvonnebrand.blogspot.com and I put links to your blogs for my 6th year primary students and even their parents.

Yvonne said...

Congratulations for your blogs which are fantastic! I put links to your blogs for my 6th year primary students and their parents in yvonnebrand.blogspot.com.

Unknown said...

interesting.

Claudio Azevedo said...

Thanks, Yvonne.
I love your blog. Wonderful feedback. See you.