Apr 13, 2013
Yogi Bear: 3rd Conditional
This is a lovely movie, but it was not a real blockbuster. It is a wholesome movie with some interesting moments like the one in this segment.
I. Watch the movie segment and decide if the sentences below are true or false.
The ranger did not know the microphone was on.
He sang her a song.
Yogi was dangerously showing off to the audience.
He set fire to his own scarf.
Yogi wasn't wearing his skis.
He fell into the lake.
The audience didn't realize the fireworks were activated by accident.
They kept on applauding Yogi.
The audience was too close to the show.
They ran for their lives.
II. Complete the sentences below, using the 3rd Conditional.
1. If the ranger _______________ (know) the microphone was on, he ____________ (sing) her a song.
2. If Yogi _____________ (dangerously - show off) to the audience, he __________ (set) fire to his own scarf.
3. if he ____________ (wear) his skis, he ____________ (fall) into the lake.
4. If the audience _____________ (realize) the fireworks were activated by accident, They ____________ (keep) on applauding Yogi.
5. The audience ___________ (run) for their lives if they _____________ (be) too close to the show.
All sentences are true.
1. had known / wouldn't (mightn't) have sung
2. hadn't been showing off (hadn't showed off) / wouldn't have set
3. had been wearing / wouldn't have fallen
4. had realized / wouldn't have kept
5. wouldn't have run / hadn't been