1. Have you ever had insomnia? How often does it happen?
2. What do you do when you just can't sleep?
3. What makes you lose your sleep?
4. When you can't sleep, do you insist on trying to sleep or do you get up and do something else until you fall asleep?
II. Look at the activities below. Check the ones you usually do when you have a hard time to fall asleep.
1. ( ) read a magazine
2. ( ) read a book
3. ( ) use the computer
4. ( ) moisturize your hands with cream
5. ( ) work out
6. ( ) clean the stove
7. ( ) speak to yourself out loud
8. ( ) talk to your sister (or someone else)
9. ( ) dance
10. ( ) eat
III. Watch the movie segment and check what the main character has done during her insomnia.
IV. Now write sentence in the present perfect tense saying what she has (not) done during the whole night.
1. She has read a magazine.
2. She hasn't read a book.
III. Don't check 2, 9, 10