A. Discuss the following questions with a partner:
1 - Do you believe in fate? Are things pre-determined to happen? Or is it all just coincidence? Explain.
2 - Do you think we have a specific day to die? Justify it.
3 - Have you ever seen/been in an accident? Describe what happened. How could the accident have been prevented from happening?
1. Daisy’s shoelace broke
2. The delivery truck moved moments earlier
3. The package wasn’t wrapped
4. The girl broke up with her boyfriend
5. The man forgot to set the alarm
6. The taxi driver stopped for a cup of coffee
7. The woman didn’t remember her coat
B. Write the sentences above with past unreal conditionals.
Ex. 1. If her shoelaces hadn’t broken,
2. If the delivery truck hadn't moved moments earlier,
Daisy and her friend would have crossed (cross) the street
and the taxi would have driven (drive) by.
C. Watch the segment and check your answers.
MOVIE SEGMENT DOWNLOAD - THE CURIOUS CASE OF BENJAMIN BUTTON